The rash can occur anytime and anywhere. It appears similar to red patches on the skin and will also change the appearance and color of the skin. The cause can also be partially determined by the site of the rash on the body. A skin rash can become prevalent due to some insect bites, reaction to a certain medicine, or a viral infection. A rash that is confined to an area may be a result of simple itching or irritation. Generally speaking, a rash is not contagious and will disappear in a short time. However, in some cases, it may be necessary to consult a doctor for proper treatment. You will find below the symptoms, causes and options for treatment.
• Acne: Presence of pimple or black heads on the skin will result to itchy rash.
• Eczema: this is a serious disorder of the skin and another kind of dermatitis. This is accompanied by itching, skin redness, swelling, irritation and inflammation.
• Scabies: It is an infection of the skin with the microscopic mites. This is also referred to as sarcoptes scabiei.
• Sunburn: This is damage to the skin due to the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
• Folliculitis: Damage is a result of the presence of bacteria in the follicles which has went through some injury.
• Tinea: This is a kind of fungal infection which will lead to ringworm, jock itch or athlete’s foot.
• Mycosis Fungoides: This is a type of severe infection to the skin which will result to lymph cancer and tumor.
• Psoriasis: Thick skin as well as dead skin cells can result to the chronic disorder of the skin referred to as psoriasis.
Possible Treatment to be given
• Clean the area that is affected with an antibacterial cleanser. This can clean the area which could have been affected with bacteria that obstruct the pores of the skin.
• Also, hydrocortisone cream can be used to get rid of itchiness on the neck or chest. This will even calm the skin irritation.
• For an itchy skin, a solution made of hazel bark which is boiled in water can also provide relief. This is applied to the affected area with a cotton swab.
• A natural gel made from Aloe vera can also soothe the irritated area. This should be applied directly on the skin rash. Other disorders of the skin can also benefit from this since it is known to be a natural remedy which has anti-inflammatory, antifungal and antibacterial properties.
• Furthermore, Calendula oil can be used as an anti-inflammatory product to treat rashes present on the neck.
Aside from these treatments, several quick treatment methods are also available. Immediate relief can be obtained when baking soda is applied to the area that is affected. Inflammation is also reduced if a cloth emerged in calcium water is placed on the rash. Moreover, immediate relief is also possible if a combination of garlic, pepper, olive oil, cloves and basil leaves is applied on the rash. Itchiness all over the body as well as inflammation due to eczema can be relieved with pansies.
These are only a few of the natural remedies for the cure of these rashes. In case the rash becomes severe, unbearable or you noticed that it is spreading all throughout your body, then it may be necessary to visit the doctor at once for medication. There could be several other medical reasons for the presence of rash. Thus, it is essential to consult a dermatologist if the problem continues for a long time.